These terms of service (“Terms”) govern your use of Ahli Hukum’s websites, products and services (collectively, the “Services”). The terminology of “Lawyer(s)” under this Terms shall mean Legal Consultant(s) – Legal Adviser(s).
1. Using Our Services
You may only use our Services after you agree to the binding contract with Ahli Hukum as specified under the Terms herein . If you are using the Services on behalf of any entity, then you agree to these Terms on the entity’s behalf. Our Services may not be used if you are previously removed from the Services by Ahli Hukum.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. Except in the context of browsing or accessing our Services in accordance with these Terms, you fully agree that you may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. You are not entitled to remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
2. The Ahli Hukum Rating
An Ahli Hukum Rating is based upon review information obtained by or submitted to Ahli Hukum of a given lawyer. Someone else’s assessment of the same lawyer may be very different, or be based upon different information. The Ahli Hukum Rating is not an endorsement of any lawyer, and is not a guarantee of a lawyer’s quality, competency, or character. Nor is the Ahli Hukum Rating a predictor of the outcome of any matter in which such lawyer is involved. Rather, the Ahli Hukum Rating is intended to be a starting point to gather information about lawyers who may be suitable for your legal needs – but you should not rely solely on the Ahli Hukum Rating in deciding whether to contact or hire any given lawyer.
3. Information on the Services
Our Services display both Ahli Hukum-created content and content that is not created or developed by Ahli Hukum (the “Legal Information”). Ahli Hukum reserves the right to remove and modify both Ahli Hukum-created content and Legal Information as well as the design and functionalities that allow for its creation. We may review third party-content to assess whether it is legal and compliant with our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe to violate our policies or the law. We do not routinely screen third-party content that is published via our Services. This includes the Legal Information that lawyers post on Ahli Hukum. We cannot guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or quality of any such Legal Information, or the qualifications of those posting it.
4. No Formation of an Attorney-Client Relationship
The Legal Information published on Ahli Hukum is only intended for general informational purposes and should be used solely as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. The Legal Information is not the provision of legal services, and accessing such information, or corresponding with or asking questions to a lawyer via the Services, or otherwise using the Services, does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Ahli Hukum, or you and any lawyer. The Legal Information is not a substitute for an in-person, phone or email consultation with a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should therefore not rely on such Legal Information. You understand that questions and answers (Q & A), comments or other postings to the Services are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege.
5. Legal Services for Consumers
Ahli Hukum is a platform where Lawyers unaffiliated with Ahli Hukum can offer information and interact with consumers. We provide a number of methods by which you can purchase legal services or have a direct, confidential discussion of your legal issues with a Lawyer. Although some of these methods involve Ahli Hukum processing a transaction on your behalf, in all instances, Ahli Hukum is simply the intermediary in such transactions. You are solely liable for paying the Lawyer for the services provided to you. Ahli Hukum has no liability, either primarily or any other form of legal obligation, for paying the Lawyer other than as an agent on your behalf. The fees you pay for such services are charged by the Lawyer and passed through us to the Lawyer. Any attorney-client relationship formed as a result of such discussions is between you and the Lawyer you speak with—not between you and Ahli Hukum. Furthermore, you fully agree and understand that Ahli Hukum cannot be held responsible for the quality or accuracy of any information or legal services provided by Lawyers you connect with via Ahli Hukum.
6. Premium Legal Services Program for Lawyers
Ahli Hukum offers lawyers an optional Premium Legal Services Program. Participating lawyers offer fixed-fee legal services on Ahli Hukum and agree that:
- As buyers chose a particular lawyer to work with (not a receptionist, secretary, assistant or another lawyer in your office) the chosen lawyer must be the one to call the buyer back.
- Lawyers agree to receive service-related emails to the email address provided in the Ahli Hukum account profile
- To update the pricing for Legal Services, a Lawyer must request Ahli Hukum to make the price adjustment by customer support ticket. The Lawyer can make the service unavailable for purchase whilst awaiting the price update. Ahli Hukum applies a minimum price of Rp. 500.000 (Five Hundred Thousand rupiah) per any Legal Services offered
- Ahli Hukum may set fixed pricing for some legal services, and the prices consumers pay are subject to change. We will inform the lawyer over email before we change prices in a way that impacts earnings. Continuing to offer a service after being notified of a price change will indicate the lawyer’s agreement to the price change.
- Payment: By the 15th ( fifteenth) of each month, the Lawyer gets paid the entire amount buyers paid for concerning services fulfilled in the prior month, minus refunds. By the 15th (fifteenth) of each month we will also bill the Lawyer the 20% (Twenty percent) per-service administration fees associated with the services that you fulfilled in the prior month. The per-service administration fees are subject to change. We will inform the lawyer over email before we change the administration fee. Continuing to offer a service after being notified of an administration fee change will indicate the lawyer’s agreement to the administration fee change.
- Turnaround and response times: These are specific to the services, and the lawyer determines them before we setup the services. It is critical to continued participation in this program that the lawyer meets or exceeds all turnaround and response time expectations.
- Declining buyers: There are certainly valid reasons why the lawyer might choose to not fulfill a service for a buyer: a conflict of interest, lack of experience in a particular legal issue, too busy, etc. So, even after a consumer has chosen the lawyer and paid for a service, the lawyer can choose to turn it down and not fulfill the service. The buyer will be refunded or connected to another attorney of their choice. To turn down a service, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the customer name, service name, order number, and your request to decline the service.
- Mind you, this should be used sparingly. If this happens more than once we may remove the lawyer from the program. A lawyer should only offer services the lawyer feels competent in fulfilling, and when too busy, should turn legal services availability off.
- Program removal and suspension: We can remove or suspend a Lawyer from the program at any time at our discretion. Some of the reasons to remove or suspend Lawyers shall include but are not exclusive limited to:
- Declining legal service buyers
- Low review scores
- Lengthy responses times (taking too long to call consumers back)
- Discouraging legal service buyers to purchase via our platform
- Not keeping the consultation calendar up to date
7. Subscription Services Program for Lawyers
By selecting a Subscription Service the lawyer agrees to pay Ahli Hukum the fees indicated for that service. Payments for Subscription Services will be charged on the day your Premium Service goes into effect and will cover the use of that service for the period indicated. Thereafter, the lawyer agree that half-yearly payments will continue to be charged to your credit card on a recurring basis until you cancel your service. The amount of the half yearly recurring charge will be the then-current subscription fee applicable to the Premium Service selected. The lawyer acknowledges that the amount of the recurring charge may increase if the applicable subscription fee increases. Premium Service fees are not prorated or refundable.
If the lawyer’s payment method fails or your account is past due, Ahli Hukum reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your subscription. Any such suspension or termination will result in the cancellation of any functionalities applicable to the lawyer’s subscription. The lawyer agrees to submit any disputes regarding any charge to the lawyer’s account in writing to Ahli Hukum within fourteen (14) days of such charge, otherwise such dispute will be waived and such charge will be final and not subject to challenge.
8. Legal Advertising and Communications
It is solely the responsibility of lawyers and law firms to ensure that any information or advertisements they post or place on the Ahli Hukum website (including without limitation any Legal Information), and any communications they may have with prospective clients through the Services, fully complies with all applicable laws and rules of professional conduct, including those concerning the unauthorized practice of law and those regulating the form, manner or content of communications with clients, advertising, or other matters.
If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may notify us at: email@example.com
10. Disclaimers and Acknowledgements Regarding Use of Legal Information
While Ahli Hukum strives to provide—and to allow lawyers to provide—useful information regarding lawyers and legal services, there are some things that we cannot guarantee. You acknowledge that such information consists of third party data and contributions, that there are certain inherent limitations to the accuracy or currency of such information, that legal and other information may be incomplete, may contain inaccuracies, or may be based on opinion. AHLI HUKUM DOES NOT SCREEN SUCH INFORMATION FOR ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AHLI HUKUM AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” AHLI HUKUM ALSO DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
11. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL AHLI HUKUM OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) THE OUTCOME OF ANY LEGAL MATTER; (B) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (C) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO THE SERVICES; OR (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF LEGAL INFORMATION.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF AHLI HUKUM, AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY MANNER TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES TO WHICH SUCH CLAIM RELATES IN THE 12 MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE FILING OF SUCH CLAIM. IN THE INTEREST OF CLARITY, THIS LIMITATION ALSO APPLIES TO PREMIUM SERVICES.
12. User Posted Content & Other Interactive Services or Areas
Ahli Hukum includes interactive areas in which you may post content and information, including user reviews, questions and answers, comments, photos, and other materials (the “User Content”). You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Ahli Hukum. You are also solely responsible for your use of such interactive features, and use them at your own risk. By using any interactive feature, you agree to comply with the Ahli Hukum Community Guidelines. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or our policies.
When you post User Content to Ahli Hukum, you give Ahli Hukum and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content throughout the world in any media. To the extent such content is attached to a profile on the Ahli Hukum platform, the foregoing license includes a right to reproduce your profile, and any name, likeness or photograph contained in such profile. If you submit feedback or suggestions about our Services, we may use your feedback or suggestions without obligation to you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ahli Hukum, its corporate affiliates, independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and each of any and all of their respective directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Services or your use of or inability to use the Services, including without limitation any actual or threatened suit, demand or claim arising out of or relating to the User Content, your conduct, your violation of these Terms or your violation of the rights of any and all third party whomsoever, which are filed through any forum and through any jurisdiction wheresoever.
Ahli Hukum may revise these Terms from time to time, on a prospective basis, and we will always post the most up-to-date version on our website. By using or continuing to use or access the Services after any revisions have come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
15. Applicable Law and Venue
Notwithstanding any of these Terms, Ahli Hukum reserves the right, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Services, and to block or prevent your access to and use of the Services. Ahli Hukum reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. In the event of termination of access to the Services for any reason, you have no right whatseoever to obtain a copy of any data or communications you stored or effected via the Services, or any other data.
17. Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Ahli Hukum with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any and all prior version of the Terms. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
18. Waiver, Severability & Assignment
Ahli Hukum’s failure to enforce a provision of these Terms is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If any provision of these Terms is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term or terms will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any attempt to do so will be legally null and void. Ahli Hukum may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
19. Questions & Contact Information
If you have any question regarding the use of the Site, please contact us.
20. Questions & Prevailing Text
In case there is a different of interpretation between the English Text Version and the Indonesian Version, the English Version shall prevail.